Goals and Outcomes
Over the next three years (2012-15), Alberta Innovations Bio Solutions will make science and innovation investments guided by the following goals and outcomes illustrated in the 2012-15 Business Plan:
Priority Area One: Sustainable Production
Goal 1: Sustainable agriculture, food and forest production
- Competitive production for a global marketplace.
- Economically, environmentally and socially sustainable production systems.
Priority Area Two: Advancing the Bioeconomy
Goal 2: New chemicals, materials and energy from biomass
- Development of new bioindustrial products and processes.
- Growth of bioindustrial sector.
Priority Area Three: Quality Food for Health
Goal 3: Healthy food products and effective food safety processes
- Food ingredients and products for improved well being.
- Reduction of food-borne illnesses.
Priority Area Four: Ecosystem Services
Goal 4: Excellence in environmental innovation
- Enhanced ecosystem services through market-based approaches.
- Development of bio-based environmental services.
- Documentation of environmental integrity.
Priority Area Five: Prion and prion-like neurological diseases
Goal 5: Effective management of prion and prion-like neurological diseases
- Robust Canadian livestock markets.
- Reduced risk management costs of prion diseases in livestock industries and wild cervid management.
- Research leadership in prion and human neurodegenerative diseases.
Priority Area Six: Sector Leadership
Goal 6: Recognized sector leadership in science and innovation
Last updated: Monday, October 15, 2012